Checklist for Making the Most of High School
- Take classes recommended for college preparation. Talk to your counselor.
- Use testing information. Examine your scores and take extra courses or get tutoring assistance for weaker academic areas.
- Establish goals for each school year. Talk to your counselor about what you should be doing in light of your college and career plans.
- Explore careers through research and experiences. Use a career counseling program and job shadow or do internships in careers you are interested in pursuing.
- Surf the Internet for information on education and career planning.
- Take a college entrance exam during your junior year.
- Never stop learning. Education is a lifelong pursuit.