How do I correct or add my Social Security number to my score report?

If, after you receive your score report, you find that you made a significant error in the information you supplied to us about yourself, you may ask us to correct your record. Write to ACT, P.O. Box 451, Iowa City, IA 52243-0451, USA, within three months after receiving your score report. Enclose a photocopy or printed PDF of your Student Report describing the error and the change you are requesting.

If you provided your Social Security number (SSN), we will report it, or the last four digits of it, on all of the score reports you send. If you did not provide your SSN, we will report the ACT ID we assigned to your record instead. If you want your SSN included on future reports, you must specifically request that we add it to your record by writing ACT, P.O. Box 451, Iowa City, IA 52243-0451, USA.

There is no fee for making the correction, but you must pay the applicable fee for each corrected report you want sent.

You should also contact the admissions office at the colleges where ACT sent your score reports and make sure they have matched your score report with your application. If you chose to provide your SSN to ACT, give them both your SSN and the ACT ID that was assigned to your record.