What should I take to the test center?
Be sure you take the items below to the test center. Pack the night before and make sure everything is ready to go. You don't want to forget anything or risk not being admitted to test.
- A printed copy of your ticket.
- Acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test without it. (Your ticket alone is not sufficient identification.)
- Sharpened, soft lead No. 2 pencils with good erasers (no mechanical pencils or ink pens). Do not bring highlight pens or any other kinds of writing instruments; you will not be allowed to use them. If you registered for the ACT Plus Writing, your essay must also be completed in pencil.
- A watch to pace yourself. Do not bring a watch with an alarm, because it will disturb other students. If your alarm sounds during testing, you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored. The supervisor in standard time rooms will announce when you have five minutes remaining on each test.
- A permitted calculator may be used on the Mathematics Test only. It is your responsibility to know whether your calculator is permitted. Please refer to the ACT Calculator Policy.
- Snacks or drinks to consume outside the test room during break.
You are not permitted to use or access the following items while in the test room:
- textbooks, foreign language or other dictionaries, scratch paper, notes, or other aids
- highlight pens, colored pens or pencils, or correction fluid/tape
- any electronic device other than a permitted calculator (examples include cell phone, media player, iPad, headphones, camera)
- reading material
- tobacco in any form
- food or beverages, including water
For additional information, see prohibited behavior at the test center.