What should I take to the test center?
Be sure you take the items below to the test center. Pack the night before and make sure everything is ready to go. You don't want to forget anything or risk not being admitted to test.
- Your test center ticket.
- Acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test without it. (Your ticket alone is not sufficient identification.)
- Sharpened, soft lead No. 2 pencils with good erasers (no mechanical pencils or ink pens). Do not bring highlight pens or any other kinds of writing instruments; you will not be allowed to use them. If you registered for the ACT Plus Writing, your essay must also be completed in pencil.
- A watch to pace yourself. The supervisor in standard time rooms will announce when five minutes remain on each test.
- A permitted calculator, if you wish to use one on the Mathematics Test. Not all calculator models are permitted. If you use a prohibited calculator, such as the TI-89, you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored.
- Snacks or drinks to consume outside the test room during break.
Do not bring any of the following:
- books, dictionaries, notes, scratch paper, or other aids
- highlight pens, colored pens or pencils, or correction fluid/tape
- any electronic device other than a permitted calculator (examples include timer, cell phone, media player, iPad, headphones, camera)
- reading material
- tobacco in any form
For additional information, see prohibited behavior at the test center.