If You Miss the Test Date (Extended Time National Testing)
Because of processing costs, the fee for your test option is nonrefundable, even if you do not test. If you were approved for extended time and miss the test date for any reason, you have the following options:
- Request a Test Date Change.
- Log in to your ACT Web account and choose "Make Changes to Your Registration." If the Test Date Change is made on or before the regular registration deadline for the new test date, the fee is $21 plus the fee for your test option. If the Test Date Change is made after the regular deadline but by the late registration deadline for the new test date, the fee is $43 ($21 Test Date Change plus $22 Late Fee) plus the fee for your test option. In either case, your basic fee for your original test date will be promptly refunded. If you miss the late deadline, you may be able to request standby testing.
- Return a copy of your Admission Ticket with a note indicating your new test date and preferred test center. Include a check or money order as payment.
- Call 319.337.1851 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., central time) and tell the service representative you want to make a Test Date Change and test with extended time. (Payment must be by valid credit card.)
- Request a Refund of the Writing Test Fee. If you registered for the ACT Plus Writing but did not test, you may request a refund of $15.50. Log in to your ACT Web account or call ACT at 319.337.1270 for instructions.