National Standard Time with Accommodations
Request this only if you can test at a regularly scheduled national test center under standard time limits and use either a regular type (10-pt.) or large type (18-pt.) test booklet, but require other accommodations due to your disability. All scores achieved through National Testing are reported as "National." No details about any accommodations provided are reported.
- assignment to a wheelchair-accessible room
- large type test booklet (18-pt.)
- marking responses in the test booklet
- permission for food, drink or medical supplies in the test room
- stop-the-clock breaks
And for examinees with hearing impairments:
- seating near the front of the room to lip-read spoken instructions
- sign language interpreter (not a relative) to sign spoken instructions (not test items)
- printed copy of spoken instructions with visual notification of start, time remaining, and stop times
You must register for your preferred test date by the registration deadline. If you register online, print a copy of your admission ticket and mail it along with the completed Request for ACT National Standard Time with Accommodations. If you register by mail, include the completed Request for ACT National Standard Time with Accommodations with your completed registration folder and payment.
Send all materials to ACT, Attn: National Standard Time with Accommodations, PO Box 168, Iowa City, IA, 52243-0168. Requests must be received by the late deadline. Forms received after the late deadline will be processed for the next test date.
Note: In order to provide the approved accommodations, ACT may not be able to assign you to the test center shown on your admission ticket. If this happens, you will need to print a new admission ticket from your ACT Web account.
Because advance arrangements are necessary, students trying to test standby cannot request accommodations.
If necessary, ACT will contact you or your high school for additional information. If accommodations are approved, ACT will make arrangements for you with the test center.