Test Day Checklist
ID requirements have changed. You need both a printed copy of your ticket and acceptable photo ID to test. ×
- Report to your assigned test center by the Reporting Time (8:00 a.m.) listed on your ticket. You will NOT be admitted to test if you are late.
- Bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted to test if you do not have a printed copy of your ticket.
- Bring acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT’s requirements.
- Testing staff will check your photo ID and ticket, admit you to your test room, direct you to a seat, and provide test materials.
- Be ready to begin testing after all examinees present at 8:00 a.m. are checked in and seated.
- Please note that ACT may visit test centers to conduct enhanced test security procedures including, but not limited to, collecting images of examinees during check-in or other security activities on test day.
- Do not engage in any prohibited behavior at the test center. If you do, you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored. Note: For National and International Testing, you will be asked to sign a statement on the front cover of your test booklet agreeing to this policy.
- Once you break the seal on your test booklet, you cannot later request a Test Date Change, even if you do not complete all your tests.
- You may use a permitted calculator on the Mathematics Test only. Some models and features are prohibited. You are responsible for knowing if your calculator is permitted and bringing it to the test center.
- The following rules also apply to using your calculator:
- you may use it only during the Mathematics Test;
- you may use your backup calculator only after it has been checked by a member of the testing staff;
- you may not share your calculator; and
- you may not store test materials in your calculator's memory
- If your calculator has characters one inch high or larger, or a raised display, testing staff may seat you where no other examinee can see your calculator.
- A short break is scheduled after the first two tests. You will not be allowed to use cell phones or any electronic devices during the break, and you may not eat or drink anything in the test room. (If you take the ACT Plus Writing, you will have time before the Writing Test to relax and sharpen your pencils.)
- Students taking the ACT (No Writing) with standard time are normally dismissed about 12:15 p.m.; students taking the ACT Plus Writing are normally dismissed about 1:00 p.m.
- If you do not complete all your tests for any reason, tell a member of the testing staff whether or not you want your answer document scored before you leave the test center. If you do not, all tests attempted will be scored.