Writing Test Booklet Instructions
The following instructions are printed on the cover of the writing test booklet.
This is a test of your writing skills. You will have forty (40) minutes to read the prompt, plan your response, and write an essay in English. Before you begin working, read all material in this test booklet carefully to understand exactly what you are being asked to do.
You will write your essay on the lined pages of the answer document provided. Your writing on those pages will be scored. You may use the unlined pages in this test booklet to plan your essay. Your work on these pages will not be scored.
Your essay will be evaluated based on the evidence that it provides of your ability to:
- analyze and evaluate multiple perspectives on a complex issue
- state and develop your own perspective on the issue
- explain and support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed examples
- clearly and logically organize your ideas in an essay
- effectively communicate your ideas in standard written English
Lay your pencil down immediately when time is called.
DO NOT OPEN THIS BOOKLET UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO.