Test Day Tips
- Get plenty of rest the night before test day.
- Dress comfortably. Some test centers are warmer or cooler on weekends than during the week. Consider dressing in layers, so you'll be comfortable no matter what the room conditions are.
- Check your ticket for your test option—ACT (No Writing) or ACT Plus Writing—Reporting Time (normally 8:00 a.m.), and the reporting location of your test center.
- You must bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted without it.
- Make sure you have acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT’s requirements.
- If you're unsure where your test center is located, do a practice run to see how to get there and what time you'll need to leave to arrive by 8:00 a.m.
- If you arrive earlier than 7:45 a.m., you might have to wait outside until testing staff complete their arrangements.
- Bring snacks or drinks to consume outside the test room only during the break.
- Be ready to begin testing after everyone has been checked in and seated.