Test Day Tips
ID requirements have changed. You need both a printed copy of your ticket and acceptable photo ID to test. ×
- Get plenty of rest the night before test day.
- Dress comfortably. Some test centers are warmer or cooler on weekends than during the week. Consider dressing in layers, so you'll be comfortable no matter what the room conditions are.
- Check your ticket for your test option—ACT (No Writing) or ACT Plus Writing—Reporting Time (normally 8:00 a.m.), and the reporting location of your test center.
- You must bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted without it. In addition, your ticket contains Matching Information you must copy exactly onto your answer document or your scores will be delayed, possibly up to 8 weeks.
- If you're unsure where your test center is located, do a practice run to see how to get there and what time you'll need to leave to arrive by 8:00 a.m.
- If you arrive earlier than 7:45 a.m., you might have to wait outside until testing staff complete their arrangements.
- Make sure you have acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT’s requirements.
- Bring snacks or drinks to consume outside the test room only during the break.
- Be ready to begin testing after everyone has been checked in and seated.